Last night at AEW Full Gear in Baltimore, Chris Jericho successfully defended the AEW World Championship against Cody. The match ended when Cody’s cornerman, MJF, threw in the towel while the champ had the challenger locked in a Lion Tamer. Jericho spoke to the media following his victory.

“He was going to give up anyway, that’s a pretty stupid question, of course, I’m satisfied,”
Jericho said when asked if he was satisfied with the victory. “I’m still le Champion. I don’t want this to be stuck on the fact that MJF threw a towel in the ring because if you saw what happened, Cody was beat up, bleeding all over the f***ing place, plus he was so tied up like a pretzel, there as no escape. So throw the towel in, don’t throw the towel in but don’t diminish the victory that Chris Jericho had over Cody Rhodes tonight.”

When asked if MJF could possibly join Jericho’s Inner Circle Faction, here is what Le Champion had to say:

“There’s always room for more as long as they’re as good as all the guys in my Inner Circle. MJF would be a probable candidate, a possible candidate whether the events happened tonight or not. We’re always looking for good members because like I said we’re taking control of AEW.”

Jericho also talked about the type of bubbly he would go with for his victory celebration, what he said to Dean Malenko, and the inspiration he received from the Living Legend Soultrain Jones while in the Olive Garden. The full media scrum can be viewed in the player below: