Scorpio Sky and Frankie Kazarian won the AEW tag team title tournament and successfully defended the titles last night in a triple threat match. While SCU is a 3-man unit, Christopher Daniels is not considered a tag team champion and the champs will not be utilizing the “Freebird rule” which allows for any 2 wrestlers in a 3-person group to defend the belts.

SCU commented on the matter during the post-event media scrum from Full Gear.

“As long as the Freebirds don’t wrestle here, I don’t think so,” said Kazarian when the question of the Freebird rule was brought up.

“No, these guys earned the belts,” said Daniels in reference to Scorpio Sky and Kazarian. “Their names are on the belts, I’ll get my own belt when the time’s right.”

Christopher Daniels noted he’s feeling great and that he’s focussed on getting revenge on Pentagon for taking him out before the tag title tournament could begin. He said dressing up as Pentagon was just the first step and that he will show Pentagon how bad he can get.

“They call me the Fallen Angel for a reason,” Daniels said. “I used to be a pretty good guy but I’m not really anymore and I’ll show him how bad I can get.”

SCU also talks facing Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara on Wednesday, the Rock N Roll Express and more. The full interview can be viewed in the player below: