WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page (DDP) has made sporadic appearances for All Elite Wrestling (AEW). In an interview with SportsKeeda, DDP named who he believes will become a top star within the promotion during 2020: Maxwell Jacob Friedman.

“[MJF is] my pick for the hottest up-and-coming guy in 2020,” he stated. “You know, I think that he’s got a lot of natural ability. You can tell he loves being a heel but there is going to come a time – and when he went out there to save Cody, it lit the place up, and the crowd popped bigger than they have for anybody.”

He continued, “Being able to do the moves and the high spots, and the big oohs and ahhs, that’s definitely what wrestling is about today but who can grab and captivate the people with their charisma, a la Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Steve Austin, the Rock… DDP! You know, whatever, to grab the people and make them react. That’s what MJF has. He’s just another guy that I put under my wing a little bit because when I see someone who wants it as bad as he does, but is willing to put the work in, that’s the part that’s pivotal to me.”

DDP added that there aren’t enough good things he can say about MJF. He noted that as long as he can keep his feet on the ground, “the world is his oyster, literally.”

MJF turned on his best friend Cody Rhodes after throwing in the towel during Rhodes’ AEW World Championship matchup at Full Gear this past Saturday night.