Miroslav Barnyashev, better known to wrestling fans as Rusev, says he will definitely go back to Saudia Arabia for future WWE events. Rusev spoke to the Sun UK recently and denied that anyone from the WWE roster was held hostage in Saudi Arabia following Crown Jewel.

“I don’t think anyone in their rightful mind is going to hold 170 people, American citizens, hostages, I don’t think that’ll reflect well anywhere,” Rusev said.

He continued to talk about how much he enjoys doing the shows in Saudi Arabia.

“I make a lot of money, I will definitely go back,” Rusev continued. He would then to say WWE has broken barriers with women’s wrestling in the country.

“I love it, I love every single trip that we do there, I love how we break barriers with women wrestling there and Lana being able to go,” Rusev continued. “I think it’s a great victory for the company, not just for that, but to open new doors and new opportunities to develop further, it’s just amazing.”

“It’s a great opportunity for us to be ambassadors for entertainers.”

Rusev also spoke about the travel delays experienced after Crown Jewel.

“Unpleasant, of course, because we all wanted to go home after being away for over 24 hours,” he described the delay. “We were all ready to get out and we couldn’t.”

“The frustration just grew by each hour and me asking for prayers is nothing new,”
Rusev explained his above Tweet. “My father is a pastor, I’m a believer in God, Jesus Christ, our savior, so I always ask for prayers just because I wanted to go home, not because we were held hostage.”