John Cena recently spoke with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated to talk about a wide range of topics.

This interview was done to promote his partnership with the FitOps Foundation, a nonprofit committed to training and certifying veterans as personal trainers.

In the interview, he talked about being able to vaguely relate because of his experience away from WWE.

“I’m so grateful to be doing some amazing things right now, but I still miss WWE and still ask myself, ‘Who am I?’ when I am not active with WWE. My identity was so closely tied to WWE for so long.”

Cena was then asked about Randy Orton challenging him to a match at WrestleMania 36 on Sunday, April 5th, 2020 from Tampa, FL at the Raymond James Stadium that air on the WWE Network.

“I wasn’t even aware of that,” said Cena. “I never make the matches, I’m just grateful to be able to perform in WWE. Every day away from it, I miss it more and more and more. I’m becoming more honest with myself about how much I miss it. I’m very eager to get back into a WWE ring soon.”

It’s no secret that Cena understands how pro wrestling is intended for younger talent, which is part of the reason why he has taken a step back from pro wrestling while focusing on his acting career.

While he’s not around as much as he used to be, he does plan on being at WrestleMania 36. Whether that will be in a match or an appearance remains to be seen.

Cena continued, “And on the subject of WrestleMania, I can tell you this—I haven’t missed a WrestleMania since my first appearance at WrestleMania 19, and I do not plan to miss a WrestleMania for decades to come.”

Cena didn’t wrestle at this year’s WrestleMania 35 event but did do an in-ring segment with Elias that ended with him laying out the WWE Superstar.

He hasn’t wrestled at the biggest event of the year for the company since 2018 where he lost to The Undertaker in a quick match.