Booker T spoke about Sammy Guevara on his podcast recently and offered a large amount of praise for the 26-year-old. Guevara is from the Houston area and trained at Booker’s Reality of Wrestling school before making his pro-debut in 2013.

During the show, Booker compares Sammy Guevara with a young Eddie Guerrero and says the comparison is a good fit.

“When you look at Sammy, he’s a good looking kid, he really is. And he can really perform at such a young age. And that’s what I look at most about this young kid. That was his debut match going out there in front of the world and doing such an awesome job and letting the world see, ‘hey, man. This kid is pretty good. We got our eyes on him.’ So no, I don’t think it’s too early to be saying something like that about Sammy.”

Booker then asked his co-host Brad about what he thinks about the comparison.

“It’s a big comparison to make about anybody but the comparison isn’t he reminds me of Eddie Guerrero it’s that he reminds me of a young Eddie Guerrero.”

Booker continued to say he thinks Sammy Guevara and a young Eddie Guerrero is a good comparison.

“As well as good as Eddie was when he was that young,” Booker continued. “Because that tells a story as far as how good one is gonna be when you see him when they first get in the ring.”

“So, yeah. Sammy and the comparison, I think it’s actually a pretty good comparison.”

Booker’s comments can be viewed in the player below: