On this week’s episode of Dynamite, Shawn Spears was involved in a triple threat match against Darby Allin and “the Librarian” Peter Avalon. During the match, Spears’ opponent from Full Gear, Joey Janela, came down to the ring and dragged Spears away from the match.

Afterward, both Spears and his manager Tully Blanchard were interviewed in the back and sent a message to Janela.

“I’m rarely speechless and I’m almost that way right now,” said Blanchard in the video. “You take a guy out at Full Gear and it’s over with, it’s done! Move on to the next chapter of your life or your career. Shawn is moving up the ladder and that’s where it’s at. You keep sticking your nose in and there’s a lot of people tried to stick their nose in over my lifetime but it never paid off and Shawn you will take him down like never before.”

Before AEW Dynamite launched on TNT, Spears spoke to Muscle and Fitness magazine about what fans can expect from the new show.

“We are gonna do our thing on Wednesday nights, we’re gonna tear it up and if you watch, fantastic, we think you are in for one hell of a treat, and if you don’t watch, you are missing one hell of a show, it is really that simple,” Spears said.