The debate between CM Punk and AEW officials on offering Punk a spot in the company via a text message has been an interesting topic of discussion and both the parties have their own version of the story.

Many AEW officials have claimed in the past that they had proper offers sent to the former WWE Champion and one of the company’s EVPs Cody Rhodes recently repeated his words again.

Cody recently exchanged words with a fan on Twitter and replying to a comment about Punk, he again explained that he never sent anybody an offer via a text:

I was not unprofessional in my conduct. I never texted anybody an offer. He’s doing what he wants to do and fans should be happy that he’s happy regardless of which promotion.

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) November 18, 2019

The whole debacle started when CM Punk spoke to ESPN back in July ahead of his Starrcast interview during the All Out weekend. At the time, people had been wondering whether the appearance could lead to him joining the Elite at the PPV.

When asked about his relationship with the company officials, Punk had gone on record and claimed that he got a text offer from Cody which he didn’t know how to reply to:

“The last thing I got — I got a text from Cody [Rhodes]. And again, I almost don’t even know how to reply to them sometimes, because if I reply, they do interviews and are like, “Oh yeah, I just talked to Punk.”

I’m kind of damned if I do, damned if I don’t. I always think if somebody wants to do business with me, they can come talk to me. Texting offers isn’t really a way to do good business, at least.”

When asked if it was a specific offer for an All Out appearance, the Straight Edge Star revealed that it was a general offer that was texted to him through three people.