AEW Champion Chris Jericho has broken down the scenario that would need to transpire for him to leave pro wrestling.

Speaking with the Pacific Rim podcast, “Le Champion” discussed competing and traveling on a reduced schedule. He highlighted how he has only performed in-ring on a handful of occasions in 2018, listing matches for New Japan Pro-Wrestling, WWE and a match on his cruise. Jericho admitted he likes wrestling on this reduced schedule, especially when compared to the demands of his former employer, WWE. He noted how he has competed about 10-12 times this year but is more than happy with this schedule.

“I think if I continue with that schedule, I may be able to continue to work at this level for years to come,” Jericho said. “For me, people will say ‘well, how much longer can you do this?’ or ‘how long do you plan to do this?’ I never think about it that way. To me, it’s I’m just Chris Jericho and I’ll continue to do what I’ve always done and when I start feeling like I’m not at the level or, doing the best segment of the show or having one of the best matches on the show, I’ll stop but that hasn’t happened yet.”

Jericho recently defeated Cody Rhodes, successfully defending his AEW Championship at the promotion’s last pay-per-view, Full Gear.