National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) President Billy Corgan has shared how he views the idea of heels and faces in 2019. Speaking with Bully Ray and David LaGreca on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio, Corgan opened up about how he applies his concepts of right and wrong into NWA’s booking philosophies.

“I look at it like if you look at the way most modern—let’s call it like the HBO, Netflix-type shows are booked,” Corgan said. “You don’t have pure babyface anymore, because nobody believes that. So what I call it is kind of ‘moral ambiguity.’ Can a good person do a bad thing and can a bad person do a good thing? That’s where I’m sort of interested.”

He continued, “So I think if you’re trying to book more modern storylines in the 2019-2020 sense, I think you want to have those wrinkles in there, but at the end of the day, you have to believe in the core character of that person, or at the end of the day you’re wasting the audiences time.”

“Because what you’re saying is that at any point in time, magical things can just happen, and that’s where I have a problem. Because if you’re asking somebody who would invest in a really long storyline, and then just magically a hand reaches from the sky—what they call in theater ‘Deus Ex Machina—and God just changes the rules. Suddenly somebody can fly.”

NWA Powerrr uploads new episodes to their official YouTube channel every Tuesday.