In recent days, Kelly Klein, Joey Mercury, and BJ Whitmer have been publicly critical of how Ring of Honor handles injuries and other personnel matters. ROH wrestler Silas Young spoke to PW Torch and refuted much of what has been reported in recent days.

Young was asked if ROH has medical personnel on-hand for their events.

“I’ve worked for Ring of Honor for almost 7 years now so obviously I can’t remember every show but thinking back I can’t think of a show there hasn’t been medical people there,” Young said.

must be terrible to work for @ringofhonor that’s funny. time off at home, creative freedom, hotels,flights,rental cars all paid for. I see people get medical treatment at shows. At times wrestlers don’t speak up and try working thru injuries. Easy to spin that into negligence

— silas young (@lastrealmanROH) November 24, 2019

Young was also asked if the company has a protocol for dealing with concussions.

“I’ve been lucky to not experience any concussions in quite a long time. However, I do know that one of the guys that was talked about in the Newsweek piece was T.K. (T.K. O’Ryan). When he let the office know what was going on he was told to take whatever time was necessary and that he had to get doctors clearance before returning,” Young said.

“He was never pressured to come back early. As a matter a fact, he asked about coming to shows just to hangout and be around what we love doing and the company paid for all the expenses for every loop of shows he wanted to come to. I know this because T.K. and I are good buddies and he was happy that the company would do that for him since it was really an unneeded extra expense.”

Young would continue to say he feels the situation involving Joey Mercury and Kelly Klein has been overblown.

“I know this is a little long-winded, but I feel like the perception of how things are, is so off based and far from what reality is. The craziest part of all this is that Joey and I got along really good and have known each other for over a decade. We have a lot of similar views on wrestling and how it should be. He’s super passionate about the business. In my opinion, I think his passion got a hold of him and may have cost him his job, which honestly sucks because his knowledge and what he brings to the table is immeasurable. I hope this answers any questions you may have had.”

Thank you, @tufayel and @Newsweek for your diligent research and reporting.

— Kelly Klein (@RealKellyKlein) November 22, 2019

Two different contract types. Her contract was non exclusive meaning she can work other places and make money. my contract is exclusive. At one point I asked about getting non exclusive and was offered the same money. Stuff like this is why im compelled to speak out

— silas young (@lastrealmanROH) November 24, 2019