Matt & Nick Jackson are both Executive Vice Presidents of AEW. In the end, however, it is Tony Khan who has final say over wins and losses.

According to recent comments made by Nick Jackson to Monsters and Critics, if Khan didn’t have that control, the Young Bucks would have suffered even more losses recently than they already have.

“I feel like most of the audience that we have, have seen the Young Bucks wrestle and has seen Cody, has seen Kenny, and the acts like that,” Nick Jackson explained. “So, it’s important for us to help out the lesser acts that haven’t been on television at all or the mainstream audience hasn’t seen. Like you mentioned, Matt and I wrestling Private Party. I felt like, and I think the whole company agreed with us, after that match, we got backstage and we felt like we made those guys into stars overnight.”

In the short history of AEW, the Bucks have already dropped matches to Private Party, the Lucha Bros, and Proud and Powerful.

“It’s funny because we have this argument with Tony all the time,” Nick continued. “And Tony was right about it. He goes, ‘if I didn’t have final say on who wins and who loses, you guys would be 0-10 by now.’ It’s true because, in a very selfish business, Matt and I have never really been selfish. We’ve always looked out for other talents and other wrestlers because we almost get more out of helping others than helping ourselves at this point.”