All Elite Wrestling World Champion Chris Jericho was a recent guest on 101WKQX. During their conversation, Le Champion opened about up how he has managed to consistently evolve over time, becoming wrestling’s renaissance man. He also broached Moxley’s recent comments, where he said Jericho was smart not enough not to mess with him.

“You’re constantly evolving, updating and not living in the past. I think that I was never cut out for that,” Jericho said. “I never wanted to do the same thing twice and I know, I feel it, when the time is right to change.”

He continued, “I knew when it was right to change out of ‘Y2J’, I knew with the countdown clock, The List; that’s one of the reasons I’m so excited to be in AEW because I know if I went back to WWE they’d want me to do The List because it’s so popular. It doesn’t fit anymore, you know? It’s one of those things where time moves on and it’s good to always update your act, update your look, update what you’re doing and still obviously pay homage to your history and your legacy, but constantly make it more contemporary. That’s not selling out.”

Jericho spoke about his willingness to drop anything that veers towards nostalgia. He’d rather push forward into unexplored, newer terrain than coast on the past. He believes that his ability to keep changing is what helps his fanbase stay engaged as they’ll never know what he might do next.

Turning his attention towards Jon Moxley and his recent comments, Jericho said “I saw it. Well, the thing is—here’s the best part—Moxley is not Dean Ambrose anymore. This is a completely different guy, he’s motivated. He knows exactly who he is and he went through the system in WWE and he wasn’t able to harness and work with it—I was. I could work in WWE for years, because I understand how to take what they want and make it good. He couldn’t do that to that extent.”

He reflected on the feud the two had together in WWE, calling it a “great rivalry” before saying that their matches were a diluted version of what Moxley could do in-ring now. Jericho stressed that all he cares about is telling great stories, teasing that there could be a “great confrontation between us when the time is right.”