Eric Bischoff was, for a short time, the Executive Director of SmackDown. During his tenure in WWE, Bischoff had his eye on a few Superstars he knew he wanted to work with, had his time in the role lasted a little longer.

“There were certain talents like Chad Gable, I really dug him as a person and professional,” Bischoff told the hosts of the Pancakes and Powerslams podcast. “I love Randy Orton’s work, I didn’t get a chance to work with him, but I really admire his work. He’s flawless as a performer and I would have liked to work with him.”

He confessed that “The Celtic Warrior” Sheamus was another Superstar he believes has “a lot of great talent.” Bischoff noted how Sheamus was a character he would have loved to work with. When it comes to considering other Superstars, he admitted that he only really focused on SmackDown and that he wasn’t watching NXT to monitor their talent.

Bischoff then explained how WWE is coming to the understanding that they need to fully develop their existing roster, rather than relying on Hall of Famers and Legends. With so many Legends incapable of doing anything physical during a show, Bischoff argues WWE is “limited” in how they could use them in an entertaining way.