All Elite Wrestling’s Dustin Rhodes has talked about finding the balance between his AEW duties and his interest in acting. Rhodes is not only an in-ring competitor for AEW, he also assists the company in a backstage role, helping talent with their promo work.

Speaking with Sportskeeda, Rhodes spoke about his long love of performing, whether it’s for a TV show, movie or in the ring.

“[…] it’s juggling the two but it’s a lot of fun and I love it, man, I’ve got to stay busy, I can’t just sit down, I’ve got to keep moving,” Rhodes admitted. “In the acting area, I want to be considered a good actor. It’s great to be an action star and things like that, but I want to be known for acting because I really, really have a deep passion for it so I am giving it a shot. I’ve got a few under my belt.”

Rhodes credits his time and experience in the pro wrestling industry in helping him adjust to his passion for acting. He explained “[…] the biggest advantage I think is time, and I’ve had a lot of time to craft the acting backstage in WWE or AEW with vignettes and promos I have a big leap and an advantage in that area because I know how stuff is shot, I know how production goes and what goes into it.”

He reflected on his time performing as Goldust, and the adaptability he had to develop as the character continued to evolve. Rhodes credited his time improvising in wrestling in helping him to develop skills that have successfully translated to his acting pursuits.