Jon Moxley defeated Kenny Omega in a “Lights Out” match at AEW Full Gear. The match received polarizing reactions from fans, with some loving it and others hating it. According to comments Moxley made to Chris Van Vliet, he was thrilled with the match and the reaction to it.

“I was thrilled with it. I was thrilled with the reaction in the arena, I was thrilled with the people that were uncomfortable,” Moxley said.

When Chris Van Vliet brought up Renee Young’s reaction to the match, Moxley had the following to say.

“She’ll get it though, you know? When you get married to me, you sign up that you’re going to be under a fair amount of stress sometimes. Sometimes I’m going to come home and I just fell down the side of a mountain. Somedays I will come home and I’ll be bludgeoned with barbed wire. This is just how I live my life.

Moxley also commented during the interview about how he understands not everyone will love death matches that way he does.

“I am unapologetic about my love of, whatever you want to call it, the death match style, the hardcore… I love that stuff. Some of my favorite matches ever are like Big Japan death matches. I understand most people are going to think that’s crap and there not going to want to watch that. I love that stuff.”

He added that there is a reason hardcore promotions are somewhat niche, since a lot of people get turned off by the gratuitous violence. He makes no apologies about enjoying violence in wrestling, but understands it’s not for everyone.

Jon Moxley has not been shy about voicing his displeasure about WWE’s creative process. His decision to leave WWE was not an easy one and was upset they were “making” him leave because things got so bad. “I was like, ‘I can’t believe they’re gonna make me walk away from all this money! Can’t you write one good f*ckin’ storyline?’”

Moxley says that WWE was pitching such ridiculous storylines for his Dean Ambrose character that he actually questioned if they were pranking him.

“It just got to the point where I’m like, the stuff I described in the Jericho podcast, ‘oh, now you’ll come out in a haz-mat suit,’ it’s just like, ‘this can’t be real. Am I on some kind of reality show? Is this the new WWE Network reality show? Is Vince actually saying these words? Does he actually run a billion dollar company? This is a joke!””

The full interview can be viewed in the player below: