Recently, Impact Wrestling star Jordynne Grace recently took to Twitter, sharing her negative experience with former ECW and WWE Superstar The Sandman. She revealed how as to how four women (including her) were preparing for the main event match at the WrestleCade SuperShow on 30 November, Sandman came over and shared his opinion that women main eventing in wrestling is “wrong” and “any male wrestler with any sort of experience would agree.”

Hey remember that time The Sandman came up to four women about to main event to tell us that women main eventing is “wrong” and “any male wrestler with any sort of experience would agree”?

Was this in 1998?

No, it was tonight. December 2019.

— Trisha Parker (@JordynneGrace) December 1, 2019

This negative comment got Sandman a lot of flak from the industry and man wrestlers, both male and female, provided their takes on Sandman’s opinion.

Tess Blanchard, who was one of the women scheduled for the main event match on that night, addressed Sandman’s comments before the match started. She cut a promo in the ring in front of the crowd and called out Sandman for his negative remarks:

“I was in the back earlier tonight and I had to listen to an old ECW guy that used to have a beer in his hand, talk about how ‘women shouldn’t be main eventing this event or any event.’ Not because he didn’t have faith in these women, but because he didn’t have faith in you fans. It’s 2020 and I think that’s a crock of horseshit. The women in this ring right now, are some of the best women’s wrestlers — no, they are some of the best wrestlers in this business. You’re looking at women who have traveled the world and held notable titles in notable companies all over the entire world. I can’t think of anybody better to main event.”

Wrestlers and fans alike agreed with what Blanchard had to say:

Tessa is the baddest bitch I know

— Trisha Parker (@JordynneGrace) December 1, 2019

And Tessa FLAMED his a$$ proper!!

— Big Swole ?? (@SwoleWorld) December 1, 2019

Here is the video of Tessa Blanchard’s promo: