WWE has confirmed the return of John Morrison.

The reports of Morrison signing a new contract with the company first came out in September. However, at the time, the former Champion had denied the claims.

Now WWE has officially confirmed John’s return to the company and they have announced that he has signed a new multi year deal with the promotion. The news was broken by Ryan Satin on the latest episode of WWE Backstage as seen below:

BREAKING:
As reported by @RyanSatin on ‘The Satin Sheet’, former @WWE Intercontinental Champion @TheRealMorrison is making his return to @WWE! #WWEBackstage

— WWE on FOX (@WWEonFOX) December 4, 2019

The former IC Champion himself also commented on the news after the announcement and he made the following tweet, saying that he can’t wait to stand in a WWE ring again:

Confirmed I have signed with @WWE – I’ve never been as good at anything as I am at wrestling & I can’t wait to stand again in a #WWE ring opposite the most talented people in the business

— John Morrison (@TheRealMorrison) December 4, 2019

John Morrison started his wrestling career in WWE itself when he was chosen as a participant for Tough Enough III in 2002. He went on to become a co-winner of the show and was offered a WWE contract.

Morrison made his main roster debut in 2004 after spending some time in development. He stayed with the company for almost nine years and won over half a dozen titles before being released by the promotion in 2011.

The WWE star has competed for a number of well-known wrestling promotions since leaving the company including Lucha Underground and AAA and just recently, he had a stint with Impact Wrestling as well.

According to WWE, the former Champion’s TV return and brand affiliation are yet to be determined and we’ll keep you posted on any announcement regarding the same.

WWE Backstage correspondent CM Punk replied to Morrison’s announcement. Punk joked that if he wants to work with the most talented person in the wrestling business, he’ll have to go to Japan.

Dude, @WillOspreay is in New Japan.

— CM Pumpkinpie (@CMPunk) December 4, 2019