All Elite Wrestling’s Joey Janela recently reflected on the reception he received for his matchup against Kenny Omega. The two competed in a Lights Out match on the 10/15 episode of AEW Dark. Despite Janela’s best efforts, Omega would emerge victorious from their encounter.

“The response was crazy. Actually, we were supposed to have a straight up, regular match on Dark. Nothing too crazy and I got the call the night before from Tony Khan, changed it to the f— fest that it became, and me and Kenny, we went 30 minutes which wasn’t supposed to be the case and it was kind of a big match for me and one of the main reasons I signed to AEW was to wrestle Kenny Omega and I got it so soon and it came so sudden,” Janela told POST Wrestling.

Although known for his proficiency in hardcore matches, Janela has faith in his technical wrestling ability. He noted how he has been delivering technical matches for a while, pointing to previous bouts with Matt Riddle and Zack Sabre Jr.

“[…] people on the indies know I can wrestle because I’ve done it all in front of these fans,” he said. “But the new fans coming into AEW, see me for the first time—saw me as kind of [a] hardcore, car accident, f— fest, f—g fall off a ladder and kill yourself wrestler which is not the case so now it’s me doing the same thing after I got thrown off that building a few years ago and proving people wrong on a larger scale and convert people and say, ‘Listen, this is not what I’m all about. I’m all the flavors of ice cream all rolled up.”

Joey Janela is set to wrestle Jon Moxley on tonight’s episode of AEW Dynamite on TNT.