Former SmackDown Executive Director Eric Bischoff recently had an interview with Digital Spy where he talked about things like the rise of AEW, NXT beating AEW in the ratings recently and more.

Bischoff’s sudden departure from WWE in October after only a 4-month long tenure is still a topic of discussion and there are a lot of stories and rumors about the reason behind his firing from the company.

The former WCW President was asked about the cause of his departure from the company during the interview, but he said that he doesn’t want to get into it too much:

“You know, I don’t want to get into it too much, I think, dare to say that WWE is an amazingly successful company, and they have their own processes, and their own way of doing things, and managing Creative, and I just don’t think I fit into that environment.”

The rise of AEW is one of the most influential events in the wrestling industry in the past year and since its inception, a number of WWE employees who left the company have ended up joining the upstart promotion.

When asked if he would consider joining the company if offered a position, the former WWE stat said that he still like the wrestling business. He then claimed that he would take the job if the situation is right:

“You know, I don’t know. I still like the wrestling business. I still have an interest in it and an affection for it. I think I’m pretty good at it. If the right situation came along, and by right, I mean a situation where I felt – specifically after my recent stint with WWE – the chemistry has to be there.”

Eric Bischoff went on to explain that chemistry is 90% of the equation and he would be interested in joining if the process is constructive and positive and he enjoys working with the people there.