All Elite Wrestling’s Chief Branding Officer Brandi Rhodes has opened up about her character evolution on Dynamite. Speaking with Bleacher Report’s Jonathan Snowden, Rhodes shared the motivations she had for developed this new character. She credited Awesome Kong for approaching her with a different idea—one Rhodes was eager to run with.

“I have to give a lot of credit to Awesome Kong because she came to me wanting something specific for herself and that’s always a great thing, a great sign from a talent when they come in and say, ‘Hey, this is my vision, this is what I see. Can you help me create this?’” Rhodes explained. “Because nobody’s going to be able to create their own vision better than they do themselves."

She continued, “It’s always great when somebody has something in mind for themselves because they believe in it and they feel it. And that’s going to come across on the screen. Cody’s a big fan of always saying, ‘we like to let people play their music how they like to play it.’ And this is the perfect example of doing that. She came to me with the sprinklings of this idea, and I worked together with her to make it what it is now and we continue to work on it week after week. I don’t think either of us knew exactly what it was becoming the first time we talked about it, but now we’re really happy with where it’s going.”

Since Kong and Rhode’s on-screen return, the two women have been making an impact on the AEW women’s roster. Kong has been frequently assaulting female talent, subsequently collecting their hair as a trophy.