Former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio recently launched Nacion Lucha Libre, a new pro wrestling promotion founded with Chavo Guerrero. One defining difference between their company and other wrestling promotions is that Nacion Lucha Libre will offer their talent health insurance.

In an interview with Wrestling Inc., Del Rio explained his reasoning behind pushing for health insurance as a part of their benefits package.

“I used to work for a company that for many years that never gave me that privilege. They should be doing it,” Patron stated. “The pro-wrestling business is not fair. They call us independent contractors… if we’re independent contractors why do you not let your wrestlers go and wrestle in Mexico for CMLL or AAA or my lucha company Nacion Lucha Libre? So, you are an independent contractor just so you don’t have to give them the benefits and that’s not fair.”

He continued, “If I was complaining about it for so many years and go and do the same in my organization… that would make me a liar, a hypocrite, and I’m not any of that. So, the moment that I started the company I started talking to health insurances and companies and organizations to help me get this and give this to all my employees.”

Del Rio confessed he had no interest in denying his talent the opportunity to work, even if it means wrestling for other promotions. Reflecting on how his own career has seen him wrestle for multiple companies, Del Rio was adamant in allowing Nacion Lucha Libre talent the chance to make money and perform wherever they can.