In an interview with Sportskeeda, All Elite Wrestling’s Dustin Rhodes named who he believes will be the next major star in pro wrestling. For him, it’s somebody on the AEW roster. He confessed that, as a coach, he likes everybody in the AEW locker room, however one name stood out to him: Maxwell Jacob Friedman.

“Oh, man, a new up-and-comer, who not a lot of people know and they are starting to get to know now is MJF. He is really something special on the mic, and we haven’t seen too much of his ring ability yet but he’s good. He’s really good. I like his style.”

He continued, “Unfortunately he stabbed my brother in the back so I take that kind of personal when you’re messing with family – but as far as him being something special and big in this business, I think he’s going to be.”

Rhodes isn’t the only veteran to name MJF as a future star. Diamond Dallas Page recently answered that question with the same answer, noting how talented MJF is. Like Rhodes, DDP highlighted MJF’s ability to connect with the audience comparing his charisma and mic ability to talents like Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Steve Austin and even Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. His ability to make fans react is what has helped him stand out.

MJF is currently feuding with his former best friend, Cody Rhodes. He recently took credit for the assault Rhodes suffered at the hands of the Butcher, the Blade and the Bunny during a previous episode of AEW: Dynamite.