WWE broadcaster Corey Graves has sharply criticized WWE’s booking of the women’s division on the After The Bell podcast.

Last week, Graves made some interesting comments regarding Charlotte Flair. The SmackDown commentator said he “wanted the queen back” and noted that she wasn’t a prominent figure in current WWE storylines.

Expounding on that point, Corey Graves says both WWE’s Women’s divisions need to be reevaluated, not just Charlotte Flair’s role.

“I think it’s bigger than just Charlotte Flair, what my opinion was last week,” Graves began. “I got a lot of feedback on Twitter regarding that [Charlotte] statement, some positive, some negative but there were a lot of valid points. People would say well what about Asuka, what about this person, what about that person and I don’t disagree with you.”

Graves elaborated further, saying “I think after twenty eighteen to twenty nineteen obviously the women headlined at WrestleMania. I think it can be argued this was the biggest year in WWE history as far as women’s wrestling. The women’s evolution, whatever you want to refer to it as, it was a big year. The women were getting the opportunity to showcase what they could do and each and every time an opportunity was provided without fail they knocked out of the park. I don’t know what the reasoning is, but Raw, SmackDown, everywhere except NXT. NXT’s women’s division to me is still on fire but not on Raw and SmackDown.”

He was also quick to point out that this was not a dig at the Women in the company, just how they are being positioned currently. He mentioned Asuka as somebody that WWE simply can’t book in a consistent manner.

“This has nothing to do with the ability of the women,” Graves said. “We have the most talented group of women on the planet earth, this is not a negative against their abilities or their desire. I don’t know what the fix is but looking up and down the roster as I mentioned before Asuka. Remember when she dominated NXT? When she arrived in WWE and won the Royal Rumble match? Went to WrestleMania against Charlotte Flair (one of my favorite matches that entire year)? Yes she’s the Women’s tag team champion right now with Kairi Sane saying but before Asuka just kicked everybody’s ***, now she can’t win a match without the dreaded poison mist.”

Corey Graves also mentioned both Liv Morgan and his partner, Carmella. “I don’t know in looking elsewhere on the roster, I mean you’ve got Liv Morgan. Who as of this past Monday apparently, is finally coming back. I think that Liv is a star waiting to be born. Ruby Riott hopefully comes back from injury soon.”

He continued, “I’m sure I’m missing a whole ton of names. Of course I’m partial, but when’s the last time Carmella did anything of substance on television? The former SmackDown women’s champion Bayley in this new iteration of herself, again nothing against the talent but it doesn’t feel important.”