Dustin Rhodes was recently interviewed by Sportskeeda. The 50-year-old veteran spoke about a wide range of topics, including his decision to leave WWE earlier this year.

“It had been such a long, storied career with the Goldust character and, you know, I really thought that I was going to retire,” Rhodes admitted. “And then I got pulled in and my passion got reignited when I wrestled my brother, and we had the match of the last decade, probably, if not the last two decades.”

Rhodes talked about how it was such a story and a great match. He brought up how AEW’s travel schedule is different and takes some getting used to.

Rhodes noted that with WWE, talent is on the road constantly with no time at home with family. On the flip side, AEW allows for a much more forgiving schedule. He leaves on Tuesday for a production meeting, does TV Wednesday nights and is back home on Thursday.

As a result, Rhodes has the freedom to do whatever he wants outside of wrestling. He added, “They made it very, very difficult and that’s one of the reasons why I left.”

Rhodes decided to depart from WWE in April in order to join AEW. He made his in-ring debut against brother Cody at Double or Nothing in May.