John Cena recently spoke to Sports Illustrated and talked about his Twitter presence. He discussed the use of social media and particularly Twitter and why he started following so many random people’s accounts on the website.

Cena is a bit interesting when it comes to social media usage. His Instagram account is particularly weird, where he posts random images usually. He would sometimes also post cryptic images hinting to something he’s going to do in the future, and none of his posts have a caption.

On Twitter, Cena posts inspirational messages and advice. He is also often asked if his tweets are directed at a particular person because of this. Cena has also started following seemingly random accounts on Twitter, and he explains why he chose to do it.

“I know that social media is most times a difficult, argumentative, and negative place, Twitter especially, because of the ability to hide behind the text,” said Cena. “So what can I do? Send out good stuff, be honest with everybody, and then follow people that relate to the good stuff.

“If I follow someone who is a ‘negative’ person on Twitter—their profile reads sarcastic, skeptic—and they like my tweets? They’re not who they say they are, or they have a chance to change. If the experiment fails, so be it, but it’s just me trying to use my presence to tip the balance.”

So there you have it. Cena believes in authenticity and he follows others because he knows that there is a notion that people get happy when Cena follows them. He tries to follow people who relate to his messages and spread positivity with his huge reach.