From 2004 to 2010, TNA Wrestling used a 6-sided ring. Some fans loved the unique feel to the ring but others were less enthusiastic. During WWE Network’s recent Table for 3 episode with Sting, Jeff Jarrett, and AJ Styles, the 3 former TNA stars talked about the polarizing 6-sided ring.

“Internally, that was a nightmare battle,” Jarrett said about getting the 6-sided ring approved.

“I hated it,” Sting said. “Too many years wrestling in the squared circle.”

“I told Hulk that,” Jarrett continued. “I said ‘why do you hate it?’ and he said ‘ah brother, it’s just not right.'”

“It’s the only thing that got us shelf space in the toy market,”
Jarrett continued. “They didn’t care about action figures, they didn’t care about talent, ‘oh you got a 6-sided ring? That will sell, we want it.'”

“I grew to love it,”
Styles said. “I thought it made us so different from anything anybody else was seeing. It was kind of like with cagefighting, it looked like that. It made it more sports-oriented being so different to that box ring. We had 6-sides and looked like MMA kind of, it was different. I loved that look to the point where when I heard we were going to lose it, I was mad.”

“You and a few others were vocal,”
Jarrett said to Styles.

“I wasn’t complaining when it was gone,” Sting added.

Highlights from the Table for 3 episode can be viewed in the player below: