WWE Hall of Famer The Godfather was a recent guest on Jordan Garber NOW, where he opened up about how his Godfather gimmick came to be. He also reflected on his tenure with the Nation of Domination and his subsequent induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

“It was fun because it was just me being me,” he explained about the Godfather character. “Lots of guys came out with girls but they didn’t know what to do with them. I knew what the people wanted, and I knew what to do with the girls working at topless clubs all my life basically. I just put my personality and my flavor out there which created the “Pimpin’ ain’t easy thing” and that really took off."

Looking back on his time in the Nation of Domination, The Godfather shared how it was a demanding stable to be a part of. He stressed the significance of the stable and how it provided black Superstars with an opportunity to come together in a major way.

Despite having fun with it at the time, he reflected on how “[…] you just look back and say wow… It was a lot bigger than I thought it was and it was a lot bigger than I took it at the time.”

Godfather then addressed his Hall of Fame induction in 2016. He called it a highlight of his career—one that meant more to him than anything besides the birth of his children and his marriage. For him, the recognition was “one of the biggest accomplishments of my life” as he never thought he would be considered.