WWE United States Champion Andrade was recently interviewed by The New York Post. He took the opportunity to discuss his recent championship victory and his respect for the former U.S. Champion, Rey Mysterio. Andrade also shared the advice he has received from his fiancee Charlotte Flair.

Looking back at winning the United States Championship, Andrade noted how he not only defeated a Legend to do it but also managed to do it in the legendary arena, Madison Square Garden. “Rey Mysterio is a legend in Mexico and MSG is one of the most famous arenas in the world, to win the title is many dreams [for me],” he said. “Winning the title, that was my opportunity. Now is my moment.”

Andrade stressed that “Whenever Rey wants a match, I’m ready,” before divulging his respect for the luchador. He reflected on how Mystery is a legend and idol in Mexico, and so to win the title from him was “incredible.”

Since winning the championship, Andrade has shared that he has received advice from Charlotte Flair in how to carry himself as a champion. Given that Flair is a multiple time Women’s Champion in WWE across NXT, RAW and SmackDown, no doubt Andrade will take her advice on board.

“When I won the title at Madison Square Garden, she told me [I needed] something different to enter with the title,” Andrade said. “You hold the title to a different side or in the middle so people can remember this and have familiarity with the title. You now are the champion.”

Andrade and Flair recently revealed on social media that they are now engaged, with Andrade proposing on New Year’s Eve.

Flair’s father, WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, was quick to share his excitement over the news. He took to Twitter to write “Congratulations To My Beautiful Daughter @MsCharlotteWWE And An Awesome Young Man @AndradeCienWWE On Their Engagement! So Happy, So Proud! What A Way To Start 2020!”