BJ Whitmer and Kelly Klein are getting divorced. Whitmer works backstage for AEW after having left Ring of Honor. Klein is still technically the reigning WOH World Champion despite her contract with ROH not being renewed.

Whitmer released the following statement recently on social media:

“I have a personal statement to make. My wife Kelly Klein and I are divorcing. This is happening because Kelly breached the trust in our relationship by stepping outside of our marriage. This is the only thing I have to say about the matter. This has been a very difficult time for myself and my family. News or our split was already spreading around the business and I wanted to make a statement before it made it to social media or wrestling media.”

The couple had been married since 2017.

Whitmer has since deleted or deactivated his Twitter account. Klein has not been active on social media in the last few days.

Whitmer and Klein were both involved recently in a public conflict with their former employer, Ring of Honor. Klein’s contract with the company was not renewed following the conflict. A representative from ROH sent the following statement to media in regards to Klein’s departure from the company:

“We normally don’t discuss these matters but since it seems to have been made public — We did not fire Kelly but we did notify her that we would not be re-signing her when her current agreement expires. She is still under contract through the end of the year.”