Following their surprise return to Friday Night SmackDown last week, The Usos joined Roman Reigns backstage for an exclusive interview with WWE.com.

“We had to come back, man. We missed the WWE Universe just as much as they missed the Usos. A big night for us, man. [We] got to come out and help out cuz once again. I love it. We here now. We was away. Got things right, got on track.”

“We was at home, we saw them dumping dog food on our big cuz—it’s like ‘Oh no, this ain’t gonna happen again! We got you Uce!’ And what it do? We here. We here.”

Reigns reflected on the time they spent together as children, remembering how the Usos told on him for flipping the bird at them. He noted how he got “whooped” afterwards, but ever since that moment they’ve “been like brothers.”

“The road is tough out here. You’re so used to having a certain security blanket—having your family on the road, it can be tricky when you don’t have them. With the [brand] split, with you guys going away, with Truth being on the other side, I felt like I’ve been alone. But it felt really good to see you guys here, not only backstage but everything, man.”

The Usos ran to the ring during last Friday’s episode of SmackDown to save Reigns from an assault at the hands of Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin.