Impact Wrestling star Taya Valkyrie successfully defended her Impact Knockouts Championship last night during the promotion’s Hard to Kill show. She defeated Jordynne Grace and ODB to retain, continuing her notable title reign. Following the matchup, Valkyrie took part in a post-match media press event. During this, she made her intentions clear: she wants a championship versus championship match against the Impact Wrestling World Champion.

Valkyrie made her claim ahead of Tessa Blanchard’s championship match against Sami Callihan, saying:

“The only thing I have to say about Tessa Blanchard is, if she wins tonight, I’m the number one person in line to take her on,” Valkyrie claimed. “I think I proved that again tonight that I’m the number one woman in this company. That’s the only thing I will touch on with Tessa Blanchard because right now, she’s got something on her mind. I have what I came to do. If she comes to do what she says she’s gonna do, then it’ll be me and her: championship vs. championship.”

Blanchard was able to defeat Callihan in their matchup, making history by becoming the first-ever woman to hold the Impact World Championship. With this win, Blanchard has joined names such as Kurt Angle, Sting and AJ Styles as having held the promotion’s top title.