Wrestling legend Tommy Dreamer made some rather interesting comments about the Tessa Blanchard situation on a recent episode of Busted Open Radio on Sirius XM.

Over the weekend, Blanchard was accused of racism and bullying by several former co-workers, including NXT star Chelsea Green and NWA Women’s Champion Allysin Kay. Despite the controversy, Blanchard made history Sunday night at Hard To Kill when she became the first woman to win the IMPACT World Championship.

Dreamer works for Impact as a backstage producer and says he does not believe Tessa Blanchard is racist. He also does not believe everything that was being said about her on social media.

Dreamer began, “I land and the world was caving in on Impact Wrestling for half a second. I look and I see Tessa was trending and I’m like ‘Oh look, P. R.’ You know that’s pretty good stuff that’s going on right now. Then I click and I’m like oof that’s not good,” Dreamer said. “I just sit back and I take all this information. I also like to get to two sides to every story. Some of what I was reading I was like ‘yeah no that’s not true.”

He continued, “But you know, you you take everything for what you read until you finally talk to the person. I’ve said this so many times before, social media is a blessing and a curse. But, it’s a very very crappy situation that happened but when you’re around people that love you, when you’re around people that support you, only around people where you have the ability to tell them the truth, you know what the other side of the story is. Hey, you know that’s a good thing.”

Dreamer elaborated further, saying “I text Tessa, she didn’t get back to me. I went and spoke to her finally at the show and obviously she she was not in a good place mentally; because it becomes almost like gang warfare where everyone jumps on the hot topic.”

Dreamer also wanted to make it clear that he has a good relationship with both Tessa and some of the other performers who have made accusations against her.

“I would state that I have a great relationship with her, I also have a great relationship with a lot of the other women that were talking about her. I was not there, I do know that there was a very very physical confrontation between her and this other wrestler and that led to I mean a physical brawl. Sometimes in the heat of battle you say things that you regret. I know that Tessa used to date a famous wrestler who’s in WWE that is African American. I know Tessa is currently engaged to Daga who is Mexican, I do not feel that Tessa Blanchard is racist.”

With Blanchard now IMPACT World Champion it will be interesting to see how the company handles the situation going forward. Tessa Blanchard becoming the first ever Women’s World Champion in the company was a storyline built over the past 8+ months, seemingly becoming derailed (from a PR standpoint) over the weekend.