WWE superstar and one half of the current Women’s Tag Team Champion The Kabuki Warriors, Asuka seems to have been involved in a shooting incident in Las Vegas which she escaped unharmed.

The current champion posted about it on social media earlier today. She mentioned that there was a scream in front of her and Asuka also revealed how she was protected:

I just escaped!
There was a scream in front of me at #FashionShowMall. It was like shooting. #GUESS near the shooting range protected me.

— ASUKA / ??? (@WWEAsuka) January 22, 2020

I heard screams from outside the door several times after fleeing to GUESS.#FashionShowMall

Fine!
Thank you

According to reports from DailyMail.co.uk, the shooting took place at the Fashion Show Mall on the Las Vegas Strip on Tuesday when a teenage gunman opened fire.

A group of young people got into some kind of argument which resulted in one of them pulling out a gun. He then started firing at the crowd, injuring 2 people.

Thankfully, no fatalities have been recorded. There are only reports of injuries and Asuka seems to have escaped the situation unharmed.

The Raw Superstar is currently involved in a rivalry with ‘The Man’ Becky Lynch. The Japanese star had beaten the current Raw Women’s Champion in a match last year at Royal Rumble before Lynch went on to main event WrestleMania 35.

After this, Becky Lynch challenged Asuka for a match at this year’s edition of the PPV and the two are now scheduled to square off against each other in a singles match for the Raw Women’s title at Royal Rumble this Sunday.