Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Thread: 80's Project

Default 80's Project

Hi All,

I'm back and I'm currently doing an old school wrestling project. I'm watching matches from 80's from territories I never watched. So I'll posting matches from the AWA, World Class, Portland, Memphis, & Mid South. So I'll start it off now:

Mr Saito vs Curt Hennig-AWA 3/28/85- This is really good. Hennig was a terrific worker even in his early years

Tito Santana/Rick Martel vs High Flyers-AWA 8/29/82. This match is fantastic. I bet most didn't realize that Santana & Martel were tag team partners in the AWA. During the 80's, Gagne/Brunzell were one of the best tag teams. Wait till you see Jim Brunzell's dropkick.

The Fabulous Freebirds vs The Von Erichs-World Class 2/18/1983. This is a lumberjack match and it's wild. The crowd goes crazy for the Von Erich's.

The Fabulous Freebirds vs The Von Erichs-World Class 7/4/84. This was a Badstreet match. Definitely worth going out of your way to see.

Jerry Lawler vs Terry Funk-Memphis 3/23/81. This is no doubt my favorite Memphis match of all time.

Jimmy Garvin vs Chris Adams-World Class 1/30/84

Rick Rude vs Kerry Von Erich

Ric Flair vs Kerry Von Erich- World Class 12/25/82- This is the match that spawned the Von Erich Freebirds feud.

Mr Wrestling II/Magnum TA vs Butch Reed/Jim Neidhart-MidSouth 12/25/1983. A great match. In case you didn't realize Jim Neidhart worked for Bill Watts. Anyway enjoy the match.

Buddy Landel/Butch Reeds vs The Rock N Roll Express-Midsouth 3/28/1984. Look how you Ricky Morton looks in this match. Another goodie.

Ted Dibiase vs Jim Duggan-Mid South 3/8/85

Terry Gordy vs Dr Death Steve Williams-Mid South 9/28/86. This is a hell of a match for Gordy's UWF Title.

Owen Hart vs Jerry Morrow-Stampede Wrestling 1984. This is pretty good. Owen was very young in this match.

Dynamite Kid vs Great Gama-Stampede Wrestling. Really good match. Dynamite Kid was a hell of a worker.

Davey Boy Smith vs The Cobra-Stampede Wrestling 1980's. This was really a good match.

Brian Pillman/Bruce Hart vs Rip Rogers/Kerry Brown-Stampede Wrestling 1980. Pillman/Bruce were known as Bad Company. Pillman was great when he was young.

Playboy Buddy Rose vs Brett Sawyer-Portland Wrestling 2/13/82. Both are great here. One of my favorite matches from the Pacific Northwest.

Jimmy Garvin/Terry Gordy vs David/Kevin Von Erich-World Class 8/15/83- David was truly the workhorse of the Von Erich boys.

The Sheik vs Tiger Jeet Singh-Detroit Big Time Wrestling. This match was a cage match and took place in Canada.

Bobo Brazil vs Michael Angelo-Detroit Big Time Wrestling-Brazil was a huge babyface.

Bobo Brazil vs Killer Karl Kox-Detroit Big Time Wrestling. I've never seen much of Kox. I'm familiar with him but haven't seen many of his matches.

Fabulous Ones vs The Moondogs=Memphis 5/2/83. This was a stretcher match and the blood flows like wine in it.

Abdullah the Butcher vs Bobby Jaggers-Southwest Championship Wrestling. Bobby bleeds like a pig in this match.

Rick Martel vs Nick Bockwinkel-AWA 7/19/85

Nick Bockwinkel vs Hulk Hogan

Ric Flair vs Kevin Von Erich-WOrld Class 4/1/83

Harley Race vs Iceman King Parsons-World Class 10/7/83

The Road Warriors vs The High Flyers-AWA 3/28/85. Gagne & Brunzell were one of the great teams of the 80s.

The Fantastics vs Ted Dibiase/Steve Williams-Mid South. A really good match that show cases how great the Fantastics were as a team.

The Fantastics vs Buzz Sawyer/Dick Slater-Mid South 10/27/85

Ric Flair vs Jake Roberts-Mid South 11/24/85. This is proof that Jake Roberts wrestled other places than just WWF.

Dick Murdoch vs Barry Windham-UWF 7/11/87. Windham was one of the great workers of the 80's.

Magnum TA vs Ted Dibiase-Mid South 5/27/84. It's a shame Magnum had a short career. He was an excellent worker and no doubt would have carried the torch for the NWA.

Nobuhiko Takada vs Akira Maeda-UWF 11/10/88. This is fantastic and these 2 guys beat the holy hell out of each other.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Genichiro Tenryu-All Japan Pro Wrestling 6/5/89-This match was ranked as the best All Japan match of the 80's.

Curt Henning vs The Assassin-Portland Wrestling 7/9/83

Curt Henning/Buddy Rose vs The Assassin/Dynamite Kid-Portland 10/29/83.

Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu vs Riki Choshu/Yoshiaki Yatsu-All Japan Pro Wrestling 1/28/86. This was fantastic. During this era, Riki Choshu and other wrestler's jumped ship from NJPW to AJPW.

Ric Flair vs Jumbo Tsuruta-All Japan Pro Wrestling 6/8/83. This is one of my top 5 Ric Flair matches.

Dory/Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen/Terry Gordy-All Japan Pro Wrestling 8/31/83. This match ruled.

Stan Hansen/Genichiro Tenryu vs Jumbo Tsuruta/Yoshiaki Yatsu-All Japan Pro Wrestling. This match was OFF THE CHAIN.

Stan Hansen/Genichiro Tenryu vs Giant Baba/Rusher Kimura-All Japan Wrestling 11/29/89. Another insanely good match.

Stan Hansen/Ted Dibiase vs Riki Choshu/Yoshiaki Yatsu-NJPW 12/12/85

Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid-NJPW 8/5/82. One of the greatest rivalries in wrestling.

Kerry Von Erich vs Chris Adams-World Class 1/11/85. A really good match.

Ric Flair vs Kerry Von Erich-World Class 5/6/84 This match was from the first Parade of Champions and the people went nuts for every move that Kerry made.

Ric Flair vs Chris Adams-World Class 2/3/84. Adams was always one of my favorites growing up. A fantastic worker.

The Fabulous Freebirds vs Kevin/Mike/Fritz Von Erich-World Class 5/6/84. This was also from the same show as Flair/Kerry. I don't think in the 80's nobody was over more than the Von Erich's.

Stan Hansen vs Genichiro Tenryu-All Japan Wrestling 7/27/88. I liked this especially the blade job Tenryu did.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Nick Bockwinkel-All Japan Wrestling 2/23/84

Ric Flair vs Koko B Ware-Memphis 11/18/85. This is good. Koko was a very underrated wrestler in Memphis.

Bob Backlund vs Adrian Adonis-WWF 1/18/82

Sgt Slaughter vs Iron Sheik-WWF 6/16/84. This was their famous Boot Camp Match

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Jim Brunzell-AWA 3/15/84. Tsuruta teaches Brunzell a lesson in this match.

Genichiro Tenryu vs Ricky Steamboat-AJPW 2/23/84. This is fantastic. One of my favorite Steamboat matches of all time.

Ric Flair vs Rick Martel-AJPW 10/21/85 This was a classic match. Martel doesn't get the respect he deserves. In the 80s he was one of the best.

Chigusa Nagayo vs Lioness Asuka-All Japan Women 2/26/87. Possibly one of the greatest Joshi Puro matches of all time.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Tiger Mask-AJPW 3/9/88. One of the greatest matches I've ever seen. A must watch!

Owen Hart/Ben Bassarab vs Viet Cong Express-Stampede 9/6/86. Definitely the best match in the history of Stampede Wrestling. Owen was fantastic.

Jaguar Yokota vs La Galactica-AJW 5/7/83. This was hair vs mask match and is really good.

Ric Flair vs Ted Dibiase-Mid South 1984. This is great. Dibiase juices a gusher.

Stan Hansen/Terry Gordy vs Genichiro Tenryu/Ashura Hara-AJPW 12/11/87. This match is killer! Hansen just beats the living daylights out both guys.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Genichiro Tenryu-AJPW 10/10/87. Another great match between these 2. Personally I liked this match better than the heralded match from 6/5/89.

Ric Flair vs Butch Reed-Mid South 10/27/85. This was the best Butch Reed match I've seen.

Steve Regal vs Matt Borne-Portland 2/27/82. This is not the Steve Regal that your thinking of. This is Mr Electricity Steve Regal. A great 80s worker.

MS1 vs Sangre Chicano-EMLL 9/23/83. This lucha match is great. Definately go out of your way to ee it.

Emilio Charles Jr vs El Dandy-EMLL 7/29/89

Jumbo Tsuruta/Yoshiaki Yatsu vs Genichiro Tenryu/Toshiaki Kawada-AJPW 8/29/89

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Dick Slater-AJPW 5/1/80. Another Jumbo classic. This time with Dick Slater.

Jumbo Tsuruta/Kenta Kobashi vs Genichiro Tenryu/Stan Hansen-AJPW 7/15/89. Kobashi was young here but was able to hang with the veterans.

Sheepherders vs Invaders-WWC 9/21/85. This was a blood bath.

Ric Flair vs Harley Race -AJPW 5/22/84

Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu vs Giant Baba/Tiger Mask-AJPW 11/28/86. A spectacular match. All Japan Ruled the 80s!

Joe Malenko vs Masa Fuchi-AJPW 8/27/89. Joe is Dean's brother. A good technical match.

Atlantis vs El Satanico-EMLL 1/20/84. A terrific lucha match. Atlantis is still going strong today.

El Canek vs Don Corleone-UWA 2/14/82.

Sangre Chicano vs Perro Aguayo-EMLL Hair vs Hair 2/28/86. You could smell the hate between these 2 in this match. One of my favorite Lucha matches from the 80's.

Dory/Terry Funk vs Bruiser Brody/Stan Hansen-AJPW 4/22/83. This is a wild match with all four guys pounding on each other.

Ric Flair vs Genichiro Tenryu-AJPW 9/12/84. This is a fantastic match and very underrated. This would be one of my top 10 Ric Flair matches.

Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu vs Riki Choshu/Toshiaki Yatsu-AJPW 12/6/86. This was another classic between the 4. This was one of the best rivalries of the 80's between these 2 teams.

Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu vs Riki Choshu/Yoshiaki Yatsu-AJPW 1/24/87. Yet another classic from these 2 teams. Let's just say I'm a sucker for this rivalry.

Tiger Mask vs Eddie Gilbert-WWF 11/1982-I've been watching Tiger Mask's run in the US and came across this match. This was good. Tiger Mask was over with the crowd in Philly.

Owen Hart/Jason the Terrible vs Steve DiSalvo/Makhan Singh-Stampede 3/4/88. This was good. It reminded me of a good old southern style tag match.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Dick Murdoch-AJPW 2/23/80

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Dick Murdoch-AJPW 3/5/80

Giant Baba/Jumbo Tsuruta vs Harley Race/Dick Slater-AJPW 12/13/82. This was really good. It was from the annual Real World Tag League Tourney.

Rick Martel vs Riki Choshu-AJPW 10/19/85. Just a great match. Imo Martel was probably the most underrated world champion in the 80s.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Genichiro Tenryu-AJPW 4/20/89. Just another classic with these 2.

Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu vs Riki Choshu/Yoshiaki Yatsu-AJPW 2/5/87. This would make my top 10 best match listing. Just a super match.

Ringo Mendoza vs Sangre Chicana-EMLL 10/28/83-This is excellent. Good technical work by both.

Rayo De Jalisco Jr vs Mascara Ano 2000-EMLL 8/15/86 This was excellent as well. One of the best lucha matches I've ever seen.

Nick Bockwinkel vs Curt Hennig-AWA 5/2/87. This was fantastic. Both guys exclled and worked hard. One of my favorite AWA matches.

Freebirds vs Road Warrios-AWA 9/28/85. A good match. The Freebirds carried the Roadies to a good match.

Hulk Hogan vs The Iron Sheik-WWF 1/23/84. This would be my favorite Hogan match.

Bret Hart vs Dynamite Kid-One of the best and underrated matches in the 80s.

Pirata Morgan vs Brazo De Oro-EMLL 11/16/89. Just a great match.

Rick Martel vs Terry Gordy-AWA 8/1985. Martel in my opinion a very underrated worker in the 80's.

Buddy Rose/Doug Somers vs Midnight Rockers-AWA 8/30/86 Definately a match to go out of your way to see. If you like double juice this is your match.

East West Connection vs High Flyers-AWA 3/1/81. A really good match. Adonis bumps around like a bumper car.

Jimmy Snuka vs Col Debeers-AWA 10/18/86

Mil Mascaras/Dos Caras vs Chavo Guerrero/Ricky Steamboat-AJPW 9/6/81.

Ric Flair vs Brett Sawyer-Portland. This is good. Sawyer was very underrated.

Iceman King Parsons/Brian Adias vs Super Destroyers-World Class. A good tag team match. I always liked The Super Destroyer.

Rick Martel vs Harley Race-AWA 4/20/86. These 2 always have great matches.

Wahoo McDaniel vs Manny Fernandez-AWA 12/13/88 This match is a blood circus.

Barry Windham vs Dick Murdoch-WWF 2/16/85 Both guys tear it up here.

Wahoo McDaniel vs Boris Zhukov-AWA 8/29/87. Another blood bath.

Jerry Lawler vs Bruiser Brody- Memphis. This is one of my favorite Lawler matches.

Nick Bockwinkel vs Ric Flair-AWA 1/17/86

Perro Aguayo vs Villano III-UWA 10/7/84

Carlos Colon vs Hercules Ayala-WWC 9/10/88. This was the Fire Death Match. This is something to see.

Carlos Colon vs Jos Leduc-WWC 2/22/86. This was a barbed wire match. If you like blood this is the match for you.

Abdullah The Butcher vs Victor Jovica-WWC 7/86. This is a chain match and a bloodbath.
    Last edited by Shootkick Man; 11-17-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    "....."