Former WWE Superstar Zack Ryder/Matt Cardona recently appeared on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. The creator of Z True Long Island Story would discuss a number of topics from his time in WWE and subsequent release.

During the interview Matt Cardona would make impassioned comments about languishing backstage at WWE. The former Zack Ryder made it clear that he was in professional wrestling to be at the top of the mountain, to be a World Champion.

“I don’t have a family, I don’t have kids to feed. If I was in that situation, maybe I’d be thinking differently, right?” Cardona began. "My dream, my goal was to always be a professional wrestler. Not just be any professional wrestler but be one of the top ones.”

Matt Cardona would then go into his time ‘sitting in catering,’ a phrase often used by fans to describe someone under contract to WWE but sparingly being used on RAW, SmackDown or NXT. “I don’t go to work to just sit in catering and eat that sh*tty salt and pepper chicken” Cardona would proclaim.

“I want to wrestle, I want to be creative,” he continued. “I want to do something. I’m so excited about it [the release] and it’s just like, it really does feel like Christmas. I have those 90 days [release clause] and right now this world is so messed up I couldn’t even work anyway.”

Cardona finished by using a metaphor to describe his time waiting for the 90 clause to finish. “There’s no way to work right now, but that’s why it’s like Christmas gifts! You just turn the corner, and your dad has set up the cameras, you can’t go get them yet and I just see those those Christmas gifts and I want to rip them open and wrestle and just have fun. It’s, I have goosebumps right now just talking about it.”