Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Cody Rhodes Reflects On Rejected WWE Gimmicks

Cody Rhodes discussed a few rejected gimmicks he had pitched during his time in WWE. Speaking with The Dan Le Batard Show, Cody shared details about two ideas he had worked on with his father, Dusty Rhodes. Both concepts were ultimately shot down.

Cody recalled how, prior to leaving WWE, he went through a phase of going to the WWE Performance Center. He explained how he had been working on different projects with Dusty at the time, noting he was blessed he got the chance to do so. He noted how “none of them got green lit” before revealing how one was based on Iron Man’s Tony Stark. The gimmick would have seen Cody act as a “prince in the industry, the opposite of the common man which Dusty was.”

Another idea saw Cody Rhodes‘ Stardust character accompanied by a hairless cat. He recalled how Dusty was once trying to produce a promo with him as he held a hairless cat adorned with makeup and glitter.

“At the end, everything I flew against the wall didn’t stick, which the ultimate answer of that was why don’t I try being myself and see if that sells any tickets. And that’s where I’ve been fortunate and blessed enough to have the most success.”

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

I think the WWE always just wanted Cody as a mid-carder, they never saw him as a top guy, so it did not matter what gimmick he used. lol He only ever got the Intercontinental title a couple of times and was tag team champion a few times. Anyone can win the tag team titles. Although he did win a WWE Slammy award for best oil application. lol

The Superczar Glorious Maxxwell's Avatar

I think I remember at one point, Cody leaked some proof of concept promos for that Tony Stark-esque character. It was interesting. Certainly better than Stardust...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Maxxwell View Post
    I think I remember at one point, Cody leaked some proof of concept promos for that Tony Stark-esque character. It was interesting. Certainly better than Stardust...
    I didn't like the Stardust gimmick, it seemed cheap.