Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Shane Helms Believes Wrestling ‘Sucks Without An Audience”

Recently furloughed WWE Producer Shane Helms believes he knows why WWE’s ratings have been struggling as of late. Responding to a tweet regarding WWE’s flagging ratings, Helms bluntly relayed how ratings have been impacted because wrestling “sucks without an audience.”

Shane Helms stressed how watching wrestling without a crowd is an undeniable struggle for him. He credited the fans as being an undeniably vital component before juxtaposing the current product with watching a stand-up comedy show without an audience. Regardless of the quality of the comedian, without a crowd “it just won’t be as funny.”

“Because it sucks without an audience. It just does. Nobody loves wrestling more than me but I struggle to watch it while it’s missing one of it’s most vital components, the fans!”

Another fan reached out to him to ask his thoughts on All Elite Wrestling. Whereas WWE has been putting on RAW, NXT and SmackDown with no audience or noise, AEW has been performing Dynamite in front of a small crowd comprised of talent.

This small amount of noise creates a different atmosphere for the shows, and Helms was asked from a “producer and talent standpoint” what he thought.

AEW’s approach appears to be something that Helms is enjoying. He replied to the fan, sharing how AEW has “done some things that I really like.”

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

No, Shane Helms suck!

Who watches the wrestling for the audience? Or any sport for that matter. WrestleMania 36 proved it could be done.

I have to agree with Helms, I would much rather the audience be there. The audience brings atmosphere to a match and show in general. Although I have liked being able to hear the wrestlers and refs also without the audience.