Bullet Club’s Tama Tonga has shared the reasoning behind the group’s decision to bring in KENTA as a member. He revealed how when he first arrived in New Japan Pro-Wrestling, KENTA was a hot commodity in pro wrestling. Tama believes that was something that fizzled out after KENTA signed with WWE and was repackage as Hideo Itami.

Speaking with the Wrestling Inc. Daily podcast, Tama Tonga shared how KENTA was considered to be “hot sh*t. Real hot sh*t” but lost his momentum because “the other side” didn’t know what to do with him. He feels that bringing KENTA into Bullet Club would help reignite him into the wrestler he was before, only with “more experience and knowledge.” As far as he’s concerned, Bullet Club was the group to help KENTA rediscover that killer instinct.

Recently released WWE Superstar Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows have former ties to Bullet Club. Anderson even hinted recently that he may be soon traveling back to Japan, teasing a comeback to the stable.

Acknowledging Anderson’s history with the group, Tama Tonga refused to be goaded into answering if fans can expect Anderson back amongst their ranks. “I’ve given you enough juice. I’ve given you enough juice,” said Tonga. “We’ll let the world speculate but you know those are my brothers.”

New Japan Pro-Wrestling has been forced to cancel several dates and tours due to the coronavirus pandemic. Tama Tonga, however, already has his eyes set on their eventual comeback. He also knows who he’d like to face when NJPW is finally able to run shows: Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi.

Tama Tonga is interested in a chance to reclaim the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championships from Tanahashi and Ibushi. He noted how they had “great chemistry with the first run-in” and believes there is more than can do together in the future. He added that, at some point, he’d love the opportunity to go one-on-one with Ibushi as he’d like to “mess that pretty face up.”