Arn Anderson is currently Cody Rhodes’ manager in AEW. Double-A has a long history with the Rhodes family including working backstage in WWE while both Cody and his older brother Dustin were on the active roster. In 2014, Cody debuted the “Stardust” gimmick with WWE. Anderson recently commented on the gimmick during an episode of “the Arn Show.”

“I didn’t dislike it from the fact that the costuming and Cody looked good in that character. I know that every time I dealt with Cody from day one he would give you the best he could,” Anderson said. “And I know that there should be some good things happening for him in the business because his attitude was good, his ability was good, straight away.”

“They put this character on him, I didn’t know how strongly he was against it until later,”
Arn continued. “I thought he did a good job with it and he looked good in the costuming and the whole deal but there was no plan past that.”

Arn then said what he couldn’t figure out was that the new gimmick wasn’t meant to elevate Cody up the card.

“When they change you and change your character and you just stay at a level-push, you don’t go anywhere with that then what was the reason to change you?” Arn asked. “If there were no positive plans to elevate you and that is what I couldn’t figure out.”

Arn’s comments about the Stardust character can be heard in the player below: