A thread online originally started by MLW’s Brian Pillman Jr. is gaining traction on Twitter. Pillman tweeted out that he enjoys modern wrestling more than old school and this caused several wrestlers and personalities from the wrestling industry to comment.

Hot take: Modern day wrestling is actually better in a lot of ways than the old stuff. We often look back at the past with rose colored goggles but if you actually watch a lot of things at the top level are smoother, faster and more exciting than they were 30 years ago.

— Brian Pillman Jr. (@FlyinBrianJr) May 17, 2020

“I think the wrestling today is geared towards a more savvy fanbase. It may be harder to digest than your good ol classic babyface/heel match from the 80s but at the highest level there does exist complex storytelling and psychology,”
Pillman continued to Tweet.

“That’s because 30 years ago the things that mattered were getting over and drawing money,” Lance Storm Tweeted. “Not saying one is better or worse, just the goals have changed. People cared about angles and who won, Not the smoothness of cool spots.”

Dr. Tom Prichard then stated what he feels is missing in today’s pro-wrestling.

Smoother, faster, more exciting…Better? Matter of opinion I guess. Not rose colored goggles as much as knowing the difference between "feeling" and "playing a part." Huge element missing with many today. Luv ya Brian, but you'll never know the "feeling" & that's what's MISSING
— Tom Prichard (@drtomprichard) May 18, 2020

“That’s the things people miss. Go back and watch Freebirds vs Von Erichs in World Class. Instead of trying to see if the “work” holds up, look at how the crowd reaction holds up,”
Lance Storm Tweeted in response to Prichard.

You are right. My goal will be to bridge the 2 philosophies together!

— Brian Pillman Jr. (@FlyinBrianJr) May 18, 2020