Kofi Kingston got to work with CM Punk numerous times during Punk’s WWE career and the two were even a tag team for a while, holding the World Tag Team Championships together one time as well.

The New Day member recently had an interview with Swerve City Podcast where he talked about his relationship with the Straight Edge star among other things.

During the interview, Kingston also claimed that he considers Punk to be his brother and revealed the advice Kofi received from him before his debut:

“Punk is one of the guys in the industry who I consider to be my brother; he helped me out when he didn’t need to help me out. People were more about keeping other people down and their spots being taken.

I remember, I’m about to go out for my debut and I’m doing push-ups.”
said Kofi Kingston. “I see a set of wrestling shoes, I look up, and there’s Punk. He goes, ‘Just remember, they’re out here to see you.’ That eased my nerves going out there. He didn’t have to say that to me.”

The former champion also recalled the time he won the tag team championships with Punk and said that he learned a lot from the now former wrestler.

Kofi Kingston won the World Tag Team Championship with CM Punk back in October 2008. Though their reign didn’t last for long and they lost the titles to the Miz and John Morrison in December later that year.