Ring of Honor has announced that Flip Gordon has re-signed with the promotion. Gordon signed with in the spring of 2017, just 2 years into his pro-career. He won the promotion’s “Breakout Star of the Year” award in 2018. Gordon also won the “Sea of Honor” tournament on the Chris Jericho cruise that year.

Flip was also featured regularly on “Being the Elite” before the Young Bucks left ROH and NJPW to begin performing with AEW.

Gordon took to Twitter to announce his re-signing with ROH:

I’m very happy to announce that I’ve signed a NEW Multi-Year Deal with @ringofhonor?? #TheMercenaryGetsPaid

— The Mercenary? (@TheFlipGordon) May 25, 202

Cary Silken also took to Twitter to comment on Gordon re-signing with the promotion:

Glad to see a good man sticking with a good company @TheFlipGordon resigns with @ringofhonor !!
And a handsome young man if I must say.

— Cary Silkin (@rohcary) May 25, 2020

What’s Next For Ring of Honor?

ROH was forced to cancel its live events when the global pandemic hit. According to comments made by Marty Scurll on the ROH Strong podcast, the pandemic hit just as he was about to take the promotion in a direction he had crafted himself.

“No one was more heartbroken then myself,” Scurll said about the decision for ROH to cancel its events. “Even though I’ve sort of been hands-on with the show since January, I felt like these were really my first shows that I had full control of.”

“I put so many hours of time and thought into these shows,”
he continued.

Scurll also said in the same interview that an AEW-ROH relationship is likely to occur.

“Both parties are definitely willing to work with each other. It’s just a matter of timing, I guess,” he said. “I’m not saying anything will happen, I’m just saying I wouldn’t rule it out. There’s no reason why we wouldn’t. It’s just that the timing needs to be correct and it needs to be a fitting situation for us to work together. I personally would like to see it happen at some point.”