Rhea Ripley made her WrestleMania debut on this year’s edition of the Show Of Shows where she defended her NXT Women’s Championship against Charlotte Flair.

During a recent interview with Wrestling Friends podcast, the now former women’s champion talked about the big bout and revealed how she felt about it afterward.

Ripley revealed that she started crying after the match was over because she felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders and she was very happy:

“I remember, after the match was done, even though the outcome wasn’t exactly what I wanted, it didn’t matter. Once the match ended — it was such a stressful day, you have no idea — I remember, everything was done, the cameras were off and I just started crying. I was bawling.

Everyone came down to the ring and were like, ‘please tell me these were happy tears.’ ‘Guys, you have no idea. I’m so happy. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as well.'”
said Ripley. “I was super stressed and I was so happy because it is WrestleMania and it still means a lot. I was happy that we did well.”

The Australian star also mentioned how WrestleMania 36 was her first time wrestling in an empty area with no audience because, before that, she had wrestled during the NXT Fans Appreciation night in early March.

Rhea Ripley will get a chance to win her title back when she will face Charlotte Flair and Io Shirai in a triple threat match at the NXT TakeOver: In Your House event on June 7