Matt Riddle reflected on his confrontation with WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg at last year’s SummerSlam pay-per-view event.

The first news about this came from Riddle, who shared the story when he appeared on the SummerSlam Watch Along Livestream.

Due to the comments made by Riddle about the legendary pro wrestler in the past, when they ran into each backstage, they exchanged some words.

The NXT star made an appearance on today’s episode of The Bump where he was asked about his relationship with Goldberg.

Riddle started out by stating that they have differing opinions and mindsets about the business. He stated that he likes to push the pace and expects a lot from himself. Riddle understands that they don’t see eye-to-eye on that type of thing and how to work.

“He doesn’t want to be my bro, I completely understand. I didn’t really want to be his bro. That’s just how the cookie crumbled.”

Regarding the confrontation at SummerSlam, Riddle recalled how Shane McMahon was down the hall from them at the arena and watched the whole thing. It turns out that McMahon thought that they were going to fight.

“And after, Shane was like, ‘Thanks for not swinging on Goldberg.’ Could you imagine? Matt Riddle punches Goldberg unconscious in the back. I can’t do that. That is not a stallion move. You get a match set-up and beat him in front of millions. That’s a Stallion move.”

Riddle will take on Timothy Thatcher in a Cage Fight on Wednesday’s episode of NXT.