Rhea Ripley became the inaugural Women’s Champion on WWE’s NXT UK brand and her career in the company has been on the rise ever since.

However, during a recent appearance on the Wrestling Friends podcast, the former champion discussed a number of things and she also revealed that she wasn’t originally going to win the title.

Rhea revealed that she wasn’t supposed to make it past the second round of the tournament that was held for the crowning of the inaugural champion, but she somehow ended up winning the whole thing:

“It was a wild couple of days. I don’t think I was supposed to make it past the second round. I don’t really know what happened, everything just kept changing. They kept changing the matches, everything.

Going into the final with Toni, I wasn’t supposed to be in the finals.”
said Rhea Ripley “I don’t know what happened in the meetings or what was said or done, but somehow I won the whole tournament.”

The female star joined NXT UK in 2018 during the shows’ premiere. She competed in the tournament for the crowning of the inaugural women’s champion of the brand and defeated Toni Storm in the finals to win the title.

Ripley has become a fan favourite since then and she has been featured regularly on WWE programming. After losing the NXT UK title, she had a reign with the NXT Women’s Championship and she competed at this year’s edition of WrestleMania as well.