The opening match on Dynamite this week featured Joey Janela teaming with Private Party against Matt Hardy and the Young Bucks. At the end of the match, it appeared as though Marq Quen was injured and needed assistance getting to the back. Hardy ended up helping his opponent from the match to the back and leaving the Young Bucks alone in the ring.

Quen was not actually injured in the match, however, the worked injury was just a way to get Hardy out of the ring so Butcher and the Blade could attack. This then led to FTR’s Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler making their AEW debuts.

Hardy took to Twitter to praise the members of Private Party. He noted that Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen remind him of a young Hardy Boyz team.

Glad you’re injury wasn’t too severe, @Marq_Quen. The bond that you & your partner @IsiahKassidy share reminds me of a young me & @JEFFHARDYBRAND. Very happy that you 2 have this great opportunity at @AEWrestling.

MH

— #BROKEN Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) May 28, 2020

Much appreciated to think we was going to hit you with Gin + juice

— Private Party (@Marq_Quen) May 28, 2020

I’ll drink to that

— Private Party (@IsiahKassidy) May 28, 2020

Wednesday night was not the first time Matt Hardy has been in the ring with the members of Private Party. Just 1-year into the pro-careers of Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen, Private Party and the Hardy Boyz wrestled a couple of times for House of Glory. On August 9th, 2016, the Hardyz defeated Private Party for the HOG tag team titles. Each team was then involved in fatal 4-way for the belts later that year. Santana & Ortiz won the titles in that match.

Video of the Hardyz vs Private Party can be viewed in the player below: