Alexa Bliss suffered multiple concussions during her 2018 Hell In A Cell match with Ronda Rousey and she was out of action for an extended period of time.

The former Women’s Champion stayed out of action for almost 5 months and during this time, there were many rumours about her in-ring career possibly coming to an end.

During a recent interview with BT Sport, Bliss talked about the time and revealed that she also didn’t know if she was going to be back in the ring again:

“It was very scary because I didn’t know if I was going to be able to get back in the ring again, because you know we’ve had a lot of WWE Superstars have to retire from that.

And you know, I didn’t want to be one of those.”
said Alexa Bliss “But with concussions it’s such a dangerous thing because it could take a week to heal or it could take a year. You can’t just wrap a brain up in a cast and hope it heals.”

The former NXT star then revealed that all of her other symptoms were gone but she was experiencing a really bad vertigo for an extended period of time.

Though Alexa Bliss did manage to recover from the injury and she returned to the ring during the 2019 Royal Rumble event. She has formed a team with Nikki Cross since then and the duo currently holds the Women’s Tag Team Championships.

You can check out her full interview in the video below: