It was reported yesterday that WWE has banned the use of Buckle Bombs (power bombing someone into a turnbuckle). In an update to this story, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that the botched move from Nia Jax to Kairi Sane in a match on RAW from April is what led to the move being banned.

“Remember the show a couple of weeks ago where Nia Jax wrestled Kairi Sane and she threw her in there and we were all worried?” Meltzer asked his co-host. “I think she was going for the middle one and I think she hit the bottom one but whatever, it didn’t look good. That was the one that caused it.”

It was also stated that there were those in the company uneasy with the move after Sting’s injury from 2015. Sting suffered an injury after taking a Buckle Bomb from Seth Rollins at Night of Champions 2015. It was the final match of Sting’s career.

“Because of what happened to Sting, I was almost surprised it didn’t happen then,” Meltzer continued. “There were people who were wanting it banned before that. It was one of those things where there were people against it and then when that thing happened it was kind of like that was the straw that broke the camel’s back and Vince banned it.”

He would continue to say, however, that he has not heard of powerbombs onto the ring apron or barricades being banned.