It turns out that Kurt Angle could’ve been the manager for Matt Riddle on WWE television.

The WWE Hall of Famer did an interview with CBR where he revealed that not only would he love to manage Riddle but also had the chance to do so. However, the reason for him not taking the gig all comes down to timing.

Angle started out by stating that he thinks Riddle is going to be one of the faces of the WWE because he has all the ability to do so and thinks his personality is great. He admits that at first, it’s odd but once you get to know him, he’s very likable.

Angle thinks that’s what he’s going to get from the fans as he thinks that they’ll love him and his in-ring work, which he called phenomenal.

“His whole bro gimmick thing works really well. And he’s going to do extremely well. WWE has offered me a job to manage him. Unfortunately, I turned it down due to a few different reasons, but I would have loved to manage him. It just wasn’t the right time.”

Angle worked as the special guest referee for Riddle’s Cage Fight against Timothy Thatcher last week on NXT.

Riddle, who was announced by Angle as the latest addition to the SmackDown roster, has yet to make his main roster debut.